The Bible tells us that we are made in the “image of God” (Genesis 1:26) and that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made.” (Ps 139:14) God says He created us to glorify Him. (1 Cor 10:31) This is our primary purpose in life. God tells us that we should “glorify God in our bodies” (1 Cor. 6:20) because our body is God’s temple (1 Corinthians 19-20). The Holy Spirit lives inside all believers to help us live the kind of life He wants us to live.
As our Creator, God knows how we are made so He knows what is best for us physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. He tells us to fear Him and keep His commandments (Ecc. 12:13), remember His teachings, keeping them in our heart, “for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity… This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.” (Prov 3:1-2,8)
Keeping these things about our body in mind, what we do with it, how we care for it, where we take it, and what we feed it are all important to God.
But there’s more. Much more. In our society, aging tends to bring negative thoughts of losing control, being dependent, not really ‘living’ anymore. It doesn’t have to be this way. Learn to care for your ‘whole’ self – physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
We offer talks, blogs, and classes on a variety of lifestyle topics because caring for yourself is important to God.
- Healthcare claim costs related to our lifestyle choices 87.5%
- Seniors who have received health management consultation 20%
- People 65+ who participate in regular exercise 11%
- Seniors who have not set personal goals for managing their health 51%
- Adults 45+ who suffer chronic loneliness which can kill us 33%
Our classes include the following topics:
- Staying Active
- Be Captain of your Ship – Your Healthcare
- Deepening your Relationship with God
- Living for the Glory of God
- A Heart of Wisdom
- The Goal of Christlikeness
- Growing Intellectually
- New Experiences
- The Best is Yet to Be
- Right Attitudes
- Dealing with Stress
- How to Stay Calm in the Storms of Life
- Preconceptions on Aging
- Staying Engaged with Life
- Relationships with Grown Children & Grandchildren
- Selfishness or Servanthood?
- Goals for the Future
- What is a Godly Retirement?
- Serving Others
- An Organized Life
- Aging-in-place – Home Adaptation
- Set the Mood